Everything you want to know about administrating XWiki, from Installation to backups and more.
- Learn how to install XWiki on your machine or upgrade an existing installation.
- Learn how to upgrade your XWiki installation to keep it up-to-date.
- Learn how to configure and tune XWiki in various ways.
- Learn how to backup and restore your wiki.
- Learn how you can have multiple wikis running on the same XWiki instance (i.e. same JVM) for great scalability.
- Learn the different ways to target a wiki when you have more than one wiki in your instance.
- Learn the peculiarities of application installation on wiki-farm
- Import and Export pages to and from your wikis.
- Tune the configuration to secure your wiki.
- Define which users should be allowed to view and interact with your wiki.
- Add, Edit, Delete and manage users.
- Add, Edit, Delete and manage groups.
- Learn how to use a different skin and even how to create a complete new one.
- Learn how to configure XWiki for UTF-8 or any other non-default encoding.
- Configure XWiki's authentication mechanism (Database, LDAP, custom implementation, etc).
- Configure XWiki's logging system.
- Administer your XWiki database.
- Configure how attachments are stored, whether version history will be kept and set size limits.
- Improve your wiki's performance.
- Learn how XWiki parse and interpret given URL.
- You can run multiple instances of XWiki on the same database to be able to do load balancing. Here's how to do it.
- Monitor a running instance using JMX